This qualification reflects the role of senior managers and small business owners of personal services businesses. They are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the business and for planning, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team. Salon managers also operate with significant autonomy to make strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a salon manager in any type of personal service business including hairdressing or beauty salons, barber shops and spas.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
10 Units must be completed:
- 7 Core Units
- 3 Elective Units
- BSBHRM404: Review human resource functions.
- BSBHRM506: Manage recruitment selection and induction processes.
- BSBSUS501: Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability.
- SHBXPSM001: Lead teams in a personal services environment
- SHBXPSM002: Manage treatment services and sales delivery.
- SHBXPSM003: Promote a personal services business
- SHBXWHS002: Provide a safe work environment.
- BSBMGT502: Manage people performance.
- BSBSMB403: Market the small business.
- SHBXCCS004: Recommend products and services.
Note: Course duration may vary due to prior qualifications and credit transfers applied.
Above list only includes units selected by Ardor College in delivering. However, there are more units listed within training package for elective units. Ardor College may change the units in agreement with students and related stakeholder to meet the need of learners/changing industry trend.
- Depending upon the nationality of the student, year 11 (Australian equivalent year 11) may be sufficient*.
- Students must have completed at least an Australian year 12 equivalent.
- Or Mature Age Students who do not have any qualification – they must pass the Internal LLN/English Placement Test*.
Ardor College has a number of options to allow you to select a payment method best suited to your financial needs. Course fees can be paid in person, by phone, internet banking, or credit card.
Fee for Service
- Option 1: Upfront 100% Payment.
You can pay course fees in full upfront either by direct debit or credit card. A direct debit or direct withdrawal of funds can be arranged and scheduled from your nominated bank account. We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
- Options 2: Payment Plan
You are required to make first installment before course commencement and make the remaining payments through convenient installments weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per semester. Terms and conditions apply.
- Options 3: Direct Debit
You can arrange direct debit payments to us with your banking provider
- Options 4: Credit Card
We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
Note: Payments by MasterCard and Visa credit Card attract a 2.5% surcharge which will be added to the payment account being made. American express credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
On completion of your studies you will receive a Diploma of Salon Management SHB50216 Qualification certificate, issued by ARDOR COLLEGE.
Possible Career Outcomes
- Hairdressing Salon Manager
- Establish own Salon
- Manage Beauty Salon & Treatment Center
After achieving Diploma of Salon Management SHB50216 Student can study further course that’s related to hairdressing.
Tuition fees can vary between each learner. These are determined in our enrolment process. Tuition Fees for the Fee for Service, full course is $6,000.00