This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation, and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients.
Functions at this level include applying skills and knowledge to sell products and services, ensuring a safe working environment, and performing a full range of client services, including client consultation and advice, hair and scalp treatments, haircutting, hair design, colour and lightening, and chemical reformation services on male and/or female clients.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon.
No occupational licensing, certification, or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
28 Units must be completed:
21 Core Units
7 Elective Units
- BSBSUS201: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBHBAS001: Provide shampoo and basin services
- SHBHCLS002: Colour and lighten hair
- SHBHCLS003: Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments
- SHBHCLS004: Neutralise unwanted colours and tones
- SHBHCLS005: Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments
- SHBHCUT001: Design haircut structures
- SHBHCUT002: Create one length or solid haircut structures
- SHBHCUT003: Create graduated haircut structures
- SHBHCUT004: Create layered haircut structures
- SHBHCUT005: Cut hair using over-comb techniques
- SHBHDES003: Create finished hair designs
- SHBHIND001: Maintain and organise tools, equipment, and work areas
- SHBHIND003: Develop and expand a client base
- SHBHREF002: Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments
- SHBHTRI001: Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
- SHBXCCS001: Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002: Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001: Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXIND002: Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBXWHS001: Apply safe hygiene, health, and work practices
- SHBHCUT006:Create combined haircut structures.
- SHBHDES004: Create classic long hair up styles.
- SHBXCCS004: Recommend products and services.
- SHBHCUT007: Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structure.
- SIRRINV001: Receive and handle retail stock.
- SHBHBAS002: Provide head, neck, and shoulder massage for relaxation.
- SIRRMER001: Produce visual merchandise displays.
Note: Course duration may vary due to prior qualifications and credit transfers applied.
The above list only includes units selected by Ardor College in delivering. However, there are more units listed within the training package for elective units. Ardor College may change the units in agreement with students and related stakeholders to meet the need of learners/changing industry trends.
To achieve a SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing, you must successfully complete 28 units, comprising 21 core units and 7 elective units.
- Depending upon the nationality of the student, year 11 (Australian equivalent year 11) may be sufficient*.
- Students must have completed at least an Australian year 12 equivalent.
- Or Mature Age Students who do not have any qualifications – must pass the Internal LLN/English Placement Test*.
*Applicable for student nationalities and who would fall under the SSVF matrix.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- The student must provide evidence of attaining an overall IELTS score of 5.5 bands or equivalent scores on a similar test (such as TOEFL, PTE, etc).
- Or the student must have attained at least an Upper Intermediate level of English and must provide evidence of the same.
- Or the student must pass Ardor’s relevant Internal English Placement Test.
- Or the student must have completed Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS EXEMPTIONS
The Student can be exempted from English Language Requirements if:
- They are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students.
- Or they have completed at least five years of study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, the UK, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- Or they have, in the two years before applying for the student visa, completed in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while he/she held a student visa.
Ardor College has a number of options to allow you to select a payment method best suited to your financial needs. Course fees can be paid in person, by phone, by internet banking, or by credit card.
Fee for Service
- Option 1: Upfront 100% Payment.
You can pay course fees in full upfront either by direct debit or credit card. A direct debit or direct withdrawal of funds can be arranged and scheduled from your nominated bank account. We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
- Options 2: Payment Plan
You are required to make the first installment before course commencement and make the remaining payments through convenient installments weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or per semester. Terms and conditions apply.
- Options 3: Direct Debit
You can arrange direct debit payments to us with your banking provider
- Options 4: Credit Card
We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
Note: Payments by MasterCard and Visa credit card attract a 2.5% surcharge which will be added to the payment account being made. American Express credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
Upon completion of your studies, you will receive a Certificate III in Hairdressing SHB30416 Qualification certificate, issued by ARDOR COLLEGE.
Possible Career Outcomes
- Salon Service
- Men’s Hairdresser
After achieving SHB30516 Certificate III in Hairdressing, graduates may undertake:
Tuition fees can vary for each learner. These are determined in our enrolment process. Tuition Fees for the Fee for Service, the full course is $12,000.00.